Saturday, November 28, 2009

A brief report in, with photos


I haven't been online (and probably won't be, for awhile) because my laptop computer has been fatally infected with a virus. (Even the antivirus program got infected.) Tom's visiting me today, so I'm using his computer to check my email and make this quick post. I'm just happy he convinced me to also bring my desktop computer-- which is what I'm using to work on my novel.

By evil coincidence, Aqueduct Press's computer bit the dust a couple of days ago, too. But the good news is that Tom had a full, current backup ready to go and we've been able to replace it with a cheap used computer that's faster than the old one. The old one was probably a lemon to start with. Tom says the guy at the repair place said that a lot more than the drive was fried. We had trouble with it from the beginning. (I think Tom has once or twice in the past five years had to reformat the hard drive.)

I'm going to post a few photos here that Tom took today. And then I hope to be back in a few days (or not...).

The photo at the top of the post shows part of the Fort Worden campus. The one at the bottom was taken on my favorite beach walk, which I shared with Tom this afternoon. The one to the left is of a sea plant that seems to be rooted in a rock. (I'm going to see if I can find out more about it.)

Other than my laptop fiasco, though, all is well with me.

2 comments:

Foxessa said...

Well, dang on the computer ills.

Double dang, even.

Get well soon!

Your AAtA entries will be missed, otherwise.

Love, C.

Timmi Duchamp said...

Thanks, Constance. Sympathy appreciated. But I'm thrilled to say that my computer's all better now. I haven't quite got everything set up the way it used to be, but thanks to Tom's efforts, as of two hours ago, I'm functioning!