Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feed Your Brain!

Just had to pass this on: Powells.com is having a "Foucault sale." Yes, you heard me. When I saw that, I peered suspiciously at the screen, wondering if I'd had too much wine with dinner. I had to investigate, of course. So here's the deal:  Powells is selling, for a limited time, eleven titles by Foucault at a 30% discount. (For a list of the titles, go here.) Interestingly, they've put at the top of their Foucault sale page a large apple chewed nearly to its core, along with the invitation to "Feed Your Brain."

It's a charming idea. Perhaps next they ought to have a Simone de Beauvoir sale. Or a Virginia Woolf sale. 

3 comments:

Athena Andreadis said...

To say nothing of how easy Foucault is to read, compared to Woolf. Or Arendt. Or Goldman. Or...

Josh said...

Yeh, Foucault's one of the easier ones, except for Archaeology of Knowledge: certainly smoother going than The Waves. I don't think Arendt's prose is that hard; but many of her views aren't terribly pleasant to read, esp. if you're black.

Athena Andreadis said...

We'll have to disagree about Woolf.