Sunday, March 7, 2010

Post-Potlatch

Crammed to the gills with aspirin and symptom-suppressing cold medication, armed with cough drops, tissues, water, and a pump bottle of hand sanitizer that I used with lavish abandon, doing all that I could to minimize physical contact in case I'm infectious, I attended Potlatch this weekend. Got in lots of interesting and sometimes wonderful conversation, but attended no programming (though I did send Tom off to attend the panel on ebooks, since, as we prepare to sell ebooks, we've been struggling to get a grip on technical issues and logistics).

It's been a long time since I've attended Potlatch without teaching a workshop or giving a reading or sitting on a panel, but I was glad for it this weekend. My thanks go out to everyone who gave me such a good conversation.

Here are a few links you might want to check out:

--Nisi Shawl and Cynthia Ward will be blogging this week at Jeff VanderMeer's BookLife site.

--Kirtland C. Peterson has an essay, Fantasy Matters, that engages at length with Ursula K. Le Guin's Cheek by Jowl, on Tor's blog.

--And Carole Ann Moleti reviews Claire Light's Slightly Behind and to the Left: Four Stories and Three Drabbles for Tangent Online.




No comments: